Since the starting of Pflugerville in 1860, there has been much growth and also adjustment. Yet even today there are many landmarks that stand for the very early background of what was once a tiny farming community.
Previous Pflugerville Library- The City of Pflugerville offered some funds and also a small house at 102 S. 3rdfor a nominal lease where the Collection was housed from 1985 up until 1999 when it moved to a new and much larger building. Today, the site of the previous library is inhabited by a gift shop, Oh-La-La.
Hanover’s Equipment Store- Hanover’s has had a visibility in midtown Pflugerville for 102 years opening up initially as a tavern in 1903. Years later Tom Hanover reopened the historic building as an equipment store and lumberyard. Hanover sold the structure in 1999. The new proprietor transformed it back to a regional pub. The name as well as several of his original indicators still stay as a part of the Hanover’s Draught Haus design and also rustic feeling.
Cotton Gin- The first cotton gin in Pflugerville was integrated in 1904 by among the original Pfluger household settlers. It was damaged by fire in 1931 and also a new one was integrated in the same place where the old gin still stands to today. The Pflugerville Farmer’s Market is held weekly on the same land before the gin.
Pfluger Meat Market- In 1960, 2 Pfluger cousins opened up a meat market at 100 E. Pecan where it ran for several years. The last company to run in the very same area was the Pecan Street Antique Store. Next door in the same building was a tavern up until the 1980’s. In 1986, Costs Yates opened up Yates Lawnmower Repair and also is still in company today at the very same area.
The Heritage Residence Gallery, likewise called the Bohls House, was assigned as a historic site in 2005. Constructed in 1913 by Gottlieb William (G.W.) Bohls, this Queen Anne home beings in its original area, when the center of the Bohls ranch. GW offered the ranch in 1925 to his youngest sibling Otto as well as his partner Laura Fuchs Bohls. Otto ran the farm till 1959, and his boy Clarence operated the farm up until 1985. The farm was leased for manufacturing up until Laura’s fatality in 1992. The Bohls Family members deeded your house to the City of Pflugerville in 1993 as an area to promote and also interpret the city’s heritage and society. The Pflugerville Public Library manages the facility as well as works very closely with the Heritage Home Partners to supply exhibitions and also programs that are representative of all households, cultures, companies, colleges, churches, and also other companies that contributed to the advancement of Pflugerville.