1. Guadalupe County Courthouse- J. Riely Gordon is primarily recognized for his Texas courthouse styles, nonetheless his various other buildings include the Arizona State Capitol, several area jail structures as well as at least this bank. His Texas court house profile consists of Ellis, Comal, Lee, Gonzales, Wise, Bexar as well as Victoria Counties.
2. MAX STARCKE PARK- This marvelous community park, operated by the City of Seguin, is lovely and rich with the location’s background. Developed by the National Young People Management in 1937 on the banks of the Guadalupe River, this large park has little rolling hillsides which are grassy as well as largely shaded by the most pecan trees you have ever before seen. Various other attractions consist of common and also mini golf courses, play grounds, barbecue locations, volleyball, as well as basketball. The plant life is rich with creeping plants and also caladiums along the shores. Countless picnic tables can be found precisely the financial institutions and also throughout the park. Small mechanized watercrafts run upstream.
3. Sebastopol House- The old community of Seguin has a key only a handful of building historians and also archeologists learn about. A person less likely to honor the memory of Texas hero Erasmo Seguin, the town’s namesake, could as quickly have actually dubbed the seat of Guadalupe County Concretetown. Or, more properly, Limecretetown. Limecrete was a very early form of cast-in-place concrete made of just the appropriate mixture of lime, water and gravel. Doctor and chemist John Park, who resolved in Seguin in 1846, developed and also patented the procedure. Nineteenth century Seguin once had as lots of as 100 limecrete structures, more than any type of other city in Texas. Today just 20 continue to be.
4. THE RANGER OAKS- Across from the previous blog post office on the SE corner of Gonzales as well as Travis Streets. Under the shade of these trees, the “Gonzales Rangers” camped. Prior to the development of the even more well-known Texas Rangers, these men patrolled the location between San Antonio and Gonzales. Their leader was Captain Matthew Caldwell (namesake of Caldwell Area, Caldwell, Texas as well as signer of the Texas Declaration). Caldwell and also various other Gonzales Rangers lived right here – a practical half-way factor on their patrol. Soon after clearing up in what was then called Walnut Creek – the town changed its name to Seguin.
5. House of the World’s Largest Pecan- Seguin, Tejas: the community well known author Sandra Cisneros (who lives in San Antonio) calls having” [a] great sterling ring to it,” like” [t] he tinkle of loan” has fairly an unique midtown tourist attraction. Positioned atop a concrete stand in the center