1. Texas AgriLife Study, Blackland Research as well as Expansion Facility- Texas AgriLife Blackland Research and Expansion Center (formerly Texas Agricultural Experiment Station) has actually been a key property that has boosted Central Texans’ quality of life and also financial stability. Since its opening in 1910, the Blackland Research and Extension Center (BREC) has been an essential partner in the diversity and growth of Central Texas by gearing up farmers and also stockmen with the expertise they require to obtain the most from their labors. As times altered, so has the Facility’s focus. It has remained on the center of research, fulfilling the needs of farmers, agricultures as well as preservationists. Dirt as well as water top quality influence all homeowners, not just those that till the soil or forage supply.
2. Cora Anderson Structure – 509 South 9th Street- The Cora Anderson building, possessed by Bell County, as well as has actually housed the Bell County Public Wellness Area for the previous 40 years. During the days of lawfully approved segregation, black individuals could be dealt with at Scott and White Memorial Hospital as well as King’s Daughters Medical facility, however there were no beds for overnight keeps. Neighborhood leaders and Scott and White management, consisting of Head of state Dr. Arthur Carroll. Scott Jr., made a decision to develop a different “black only” facility, mostly to give excellent like its black individuals, but also to relieve overcrowding at the main Scott & White center (after that covering regarding 30 blocks around Opportunities G as well as H). Scott as well as White constructed the $75,000 structure as well as on Might 17, 1953, the Cora Anderson Healthcare facility was dedicated right into solution for Temple’s black population on South 9th Road. There were 16 patient rooms and also an operating space in the healthcare facility, which was staffed with Scott and White medical professionals and a primarily black nursing team. The hospital closed in 1963 when Scott and White moved to its existing location on 31st Street. On July 10, 2015, the Temple Historic Conservation Board held an event at the Cora Anderson Building on South 9th Road in Temple recognizing the history and also legacy of the Cora Anderson Building.
3. Barclay Bryan Residence- The Barclay-Bryan House with its 12 outside columns, is an example of Colonial Rebirth style. The red block residence was created for William Anderson Barclay in between 1913- 1915 at a price of $65,000. The windows were developed broader than standard windows and also no panes under fifty percent for far better air flow. 2 resting porches can be located on the second flooring and a parade testimonial porch encounters Ave H. The house was developed with lots of modern comforts including a washing chute, a built-in tank and also pump, central phone system, main vacuum system and even an intercom system.
4. Christ Episcopal Church- Christ Church has a comprehensive history in Temple TX. First established as a mission in 1883, services were first held on the corner of Ave F as well as Main. By 1901 a wooden frame stood on the edge of Key as well as Calhoun, the here and now site for the church. The following year the church was developed as an independent church and swiftly plans for a brand-new structure started. Building and construction of the English gothic Church started in 1904 as well as was swiftly completed by 1905. The initial solution was held on September 24, 1905. Since then many renovations and also enhancements have been made. Most recently The Living Stones Task has been finished.