From its amusement park as well as historical midtown area to its craft brewery, vineyard, and meadery, there’s no end to the tourist attractions in Seguin. Found concerning 45 mins eastern of San Antonio, the “Pecan Funding of Texas” pairs a welcoming sectarian feeling with a countless quantity of experiences that will appeal to just about any individual. Whether you’re searching for an enchanting getaway sipping a glass of wine in a scenic vineyard or a fun household adventure riding a roller coaster as well as rising down water slides, you’ll find it in Seguin.
1. Indulge in a glass of a glass of wine as well as walk through a warm vineyard a few miles away from downtown Seguin. Welcome to Blue Lotus Vineyard, makers of fine red wines crafted with grapes and also blackberries expanded in Texas and onsite. Try these delicious reds as well as whites at the vineyard’s sampling area situated within the vineyard.
2. Seguin’s historic midtown area is the community’s center for buying, dining, and also nightlife. Vintage storefronts residence vintage and also boutique clothes shops and dining establishments as well as coffeehouse serve up local flavor. Shop and also consume your heart out, after that drop in Seguin Developing Firm or The Oak Tavern (the oldest bar around) for a drink or look into live songs at Austin Road Live.
3. Max Starcke Park is a 227-acre sanctuary situated along the Guadalupe River that provides a large range of entertainment possibilities. Play a round on the 18-hole golf links or a couple of sets on the tennis courts, cast a line in the fishing area, check out the 0.8-mile walking route, and allow your kids run wild on the Kids Kingdom Playscape. The park is additionally a releasing point for two kayaking trails situated on various parts of the Guadalupe River.
4. Seguin is referred to as the home of the “World’s Largest Pecan,” so it’s rather fitting it would also have its very own nutcracker museum. Located within the Pape Pecan Home, customers as well as vendors of locally grown pecans, the gallery features about 8,000 distinct nutcrackers from around the globe.
5. Admire pre-World Battle II airplanes and vintage memorabilia at this aviation gallery near Seguin that functions as a working laboratory for airplane preservation. Joining the historic aircraft is a collection of cars from that period, including several Fort Model Ts.
6. The Sebastopol House is not only a breathtaking pre-Civil War Greek Resurgence estate, it’s a living example of 19th-century testing with concrete construction. Tip inside the residence to see displays showing how it was built by competent slaves, in addition to screens of uncommon jobs from the Wilson Ceramic Foundation.
7. Exists anything better than a pint of beer on a cozy afternoon here in the Lone Celebrity State? Not actually, unless that beer is locally made. That’s what you’ll find at the Seguin Brewing Company, purveyors of a range of mixtures motivated by the town’s heritage as well as culture. Stop by their taproom in downtown Seguin to sample these beers on your own.
8. Worked out amongst a waterfront pecan grove, this 18-hole par-71 public program in Seguin provides an excellent round of golf. With a wide-open design that’s forgiving to the weird roaming shot and also elevated bunkers to check your objective, the program is friendly for golf players of all ability levels. Tee times can be reserved on the fairway’s site.
9. Go back in time as well as find the farming background of Guadalupe Area when you go to the Texas Agricultural Education as well as Heritage Center. Spread across a town of historical buildings, the center provides unrivaled insight into what life resembled on the Texas frontier in the 19th century. These consist of the Zion Lutheran Church (integrated in Charlottenburg in 1890), a one-room school residence, blacksmith shop, and more.
10. Appreciate the taste of mead, the world’s oldest known alcohol, made right here in Seguin. Texas Mead Works generates conventional mead as well as a selection of brews made with apples, peaches, raspberries, as well as also jalapenos. Try them all at the meadery’s boutique sampling space, which is the same as Blue Lotus Vineyard’s.
11. The 1895 Moore Home is just one of the most lovely instances of Queen Anne design typical in Seguin’s historical areas. It was the residence of John Moore, that supplied 2 steeds to Teddy Roosevelt when he was forming the famed Rough Riders mounties system. A month-to-month lunch is held at the house the first Thursday from October with December as well as February to June.
12. Seguin’s Texas Theater is both a historic symbol as well as a social prize. First opened as a movie house in 1931, the theater is today an executing arts place that holds concerts, shows, as well as other regional occasions.